Checks for collisions and assigns a non zero cost when the robot is in collision at a given timestep. In addition to that, it propagates the cost of trajectory points in collision to adjacent points that may be collision free. This approach allows for a better evaluation of a trajectory as a whole. The parameters are as follow:
- class: stomp_moveit/CollisionCheck
- class: The class name
- collision_penalty: The cost value associated with each collision
- kernel_window_percentage: The extend to which collision state costs will be propagated to adjacent points.
- cost_weight: A weight value multiplied onto to each state cost, it can be used to set the extent to which this collision cost affects the overall state cost. A value of 1.0 is recomended.
- longest_valid_joint_move: This value is used to check for collisions at intermediate poses between consecutive points in a trajectory. A smaller value could lead to more collision checks during large joint motions.