This package wraps the STOMP planner functionality in stomp_core so that it can be used within the MoveIt Motion Planning Framework
This package containes the following items:
- The STOMP MoveIt! planner which runs an optimization method that relies on evaluating the cost of a number of noisy candidate trajectories in order to generate an optimized solution. In order to achieve this it loads various plugins which are invoked at specific stages of the optimization process.
- The STOMP plugins: A plugin or plugins are invoked by STOMP at specific stages of the optimization process. It is possible to implement a new STOMP plugin by inheriting from the corresponding interface class and declaring it as a ros plugin using pluginlib's PLUGINLIB_EXPORT_CLASS macro. This package provides the following plugins:
- Cost Function Plugins: Evaluate the state costs of trajectories. Inherit from StompCostFunction.
- Noise Generator Plugins: Generate random noise to explore the workspace. Inherit from StompNoiseGenerator
- Noisy Filters: Apply filter methods to the noisy trajectories. Inherit from StompNoisyFilter
- Update Filters: Apply filtering methods to the trajectory updates before adding it to the optimized trajectory. Inherit from StompUpdateFilter.
All examples are located here STOMP MoveIt! examples
Software License Agreement (Apache License)
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.