This package provides simulated tactile sensors for the Schunk Dextrous
Hand (SDH) which is mounted on the Care-O-bot arm. The node subscribes to
the Gazebo bumper topics of the SDH. It transforms the Gazebo feedback to
the "tactile_data" topic to provide the same tactile sensor interface as
the schunk_sdh package.
The following parameters can be set:
* cells_x: The number of patches on the tactile sensor in the direction
perpendicular to the finger. Defaults to 6.
* cells_y: The number of patches on the tactile sensor along the direction
of the finger. Defaults to 14.
* output_range: The maximum output value of one patch. Defaults to 3500.
* sensitivity: The change of output in one patch per Newton. Defaults to
350. The sensitivity can be approximated by the following
formula: S = output_range / (measurement_range * cell_area)
- The measurement range of the tactile pads is 250 kPa (from
the data sheet).
- The output range can be determined by experiment from the
real SDH. It is about 3500.
- The cell area is the size of one patch. Length and width
of the area are determined by dividing the length/width
of the collision surface by the number of cells in the
Important: In most cases this is NOT the cell area that is
given in the data sheet!
* filter_length: The length of the moving average filter which smoothes
the values from simulation. Defaults to 10.
The node subscribes to the following topics to receive data from the
The node publishes the processed data on the following topic:
The simulated bumper must obtain the collision data in the link that the
sensor is attached to. This is achieved by setting the "frameName" property
in the gazebo_ros_bumper controller.
schunk_simulated_tactile_sensors is ...