ocean_battery_driver: Ocean Server Battery Drivers
This is an interface to the Ocean Server Technology Intelligent Battery and Power System.
ocean_battery_driver provides an interface to the IBPS battery power system used on the PR2 Robot.
monitor_batteries [--dev] [--count] [--debug]
- dev: The device name to open "/dev/ttyUSB0"
- count: How many devices to open, set this to "1" when using the "--dev" option, otherwise it appends an ID on the end of the base device string.
- debug: debug level passed to the ocean driver, higher values report more information.
- "ocean_server/number_of_ports": How many ocean_server nodes to start up, these will be enumerated automatically.
- "ocean_server/port#": Specifies the device to open for this particular port, the "#" is replaced by the enumeration value up to number_of_ports-1.
- "ocean_server/debug_level": debug level for the ocean driver, higher values report more information.
Publishes to (name / type):
- "/diagnostics" / diagnostic_msgs::DiagnosticArray : The standard diagnostic status message format for self reporting.
- "/battery/server" / pr2_msgs::BatteryServer : The ocean server battery status information, one per port.
- "/battery/server2" / pr2_msgs::BatteryServer2 : The new ocean server battery status information, one per port.
Notes when setting up:
- The user must have permissions on the serial ports in use. In Ubuntu adding the user to groupd dialout usually is sufficient.