ecl_io: Cross platform abstractions for implementation dependant and low-level io api
Most implementations (windows, posix, ...) have slightly different api for
low level input-output functions. These are gathered here and re-represented
with a cross platform set of functions.
This package provides cross platform api to some of the lower level socket functions available on different platforms. Currently there is only minor support for a few functions on:
Include the following at the top of any translation unit which requires this library:
You will also need to link to -lecl_io.
- init_sockets() : initialises winsock on windows.
- shutdown_sockets() : shuts down winsock on windows.
- poll_sockets() : a drop in for the posix poll function on windoze.
- socketpair() : a drop in for the posix socketpair function on windoze.
- close_socket() : standardises the api for closing a socket.
A drop in for poll() on windoze is soon to come.
Really rough, no tests yet, just some examples.
- Feb 11 : a drop-in for the socketpair function added for windows.
- Jan 11 : simple cross platform types and api added.